12/04/2013

The 3rd monk

                          I stood at the corner of a very narrow road. As far as I could see, I only saw desert. Uninhabited area. It was only one road, sundering desert in two parts. I didn't know where I was. I expressed gratitude to the almighty, because I wasn't thirsty. I was a little perplexed. I hadn't seen this desert before. I started looking all around. Suddenly I saw a man coming towards me. He seemed to be a monk. Finally he approached me.

"Hi." I said.

"I am logic." The monk introduced himself.

"Who?" I couldn't get it. I mean he said he was logic!?

"Yes, Your perception says I can not be logic. right?" Logic said.

"Of course."I replied.

"I hardly match with perception. In most of the cases, perception has nothing to do with me." The monk said.

"Are you here to tell me all that?" I asked him.

"I am here to tell you that you should wait here. Any time a car can pass by. you can ask for lift." Logic said.

"But I....." He disappeared before I could tell him anything.

I stayed there, but another person showed up. He was too coming towards me. He was a monk too.

"Hello!" I welcomed.

"I am perception." He said.

"What? where am I? Why weird monks are approaching me?" I got a bit furious as well as confused.

"You are in a desert." He answered.

"That I can see." I told him.

"I am here to tell you that start looking for a water source in this desert, otherwise you won't survive." The perception said.

"Ok, but...." Before I could say anything he disappeared.

Now, I was about to leave road and start searching for water source, but another monk turned up. This time, I had made my mind to ask him all the questions. I wanted to know where I was!

"Hey, monk. Where am I?" I directly asked as he approached me.

" Let me introduce...."

"No, first answer my question. I know you are also going to disappear." I said.

"It's almost impossible. I can't disappear. I am here to stay with you forever." The monk explained.

"Who are you ,then?"I asked curiously.


                                                                 

"I am conscience. But I am often termed as 'heart'. You know all those 'follow your heart' kind of quotes? But, I tell you heart is only a pumping machine. When you talk about someone's heart, all you talk about is me." The monk said.

"Why are you here?"I asked.

"To tell you that follow this road. This road leads to a city." The conscience stated with a smile.

"But two monks, who approached me before you, suggested me different solutions. Logic said stay here. Perception suggested me to find a water source. I am confused." I clarified my confusion.

"Son , this happens with everyone. What do you see all around?" He asked me.

"Desert." I reverted.

"This is not desert. This is one of the unfavorable phases of your life. You are in trouble. If you stay here for a long time, you will get thirsty. Right?" The saint analyzed my reaction.

"Yes."

"To get out of this situation, you have three options- Listen to logic, perception and conscience. Logic suggested to stay here, but it is an uncertain solution. Car may not come. See how narrow this road is! Perception suggested you to find a water source, but it is a temporary solution. You may find a water source, but what about food? You can't survive, only with water. I told you to follow this road. There is a city at the end of this road. Road is not too lengthy. You would reach the city within an hour. I am with you during this journey."The monk explained his point.

"But, how can I trust you?" I queried.

  "Son, this too happens to every common person. When it comes to follow your conscience, every one doesn't have faith in it. You know, Charles Darwin didn't know what to do with his life. His perception suggested him to become a priest, but he still didn't listen to his conscience. His logic told him to study divinity at Cambridge in order to become a priest. But still conscience wasn't in picture. Finally when he listened to me, he went to Galapagos islands and traveled to various places to observe living beings. He has become immortal by introducing 'On the origin of species.'" The 3rd monk explained.
                         Did you get what the 3rd monk wanted to suggest? Always follow your conscience. Logic and perception may mislead, but conscience would never. All the great people follow their conscience. They don't believe in temporary solutions. We often question our own conscience, when conscience tells us to follow it. When great people say 'heart', it is actually conscience. Conscience knows who you exactly are, and what you can become in your life. And yes, conscience stays with us till death!

0 Rethoughts:

Post a Comment

 

Feel Free © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates