4/15/2013

What's true objective of education?

                          I grew up in a family where, reading books, is considered one of the habits that every familty-member should possess.Not forcefully, but you know, It comes with genes. My parents love to read books, that's why I've read many books in my life so far. I am 18 years young boy, with so many dreams in my eyes.
                         I always ponder over this topic- What is the objective of education? Some readers raised questions on my two posts-' IIT- Indian Institute of (Mental) Terrorism' & 'A letter to youth'. So I think it's necessary to make some points clear.
                         When I oppose the 'memory technique',Some people say that you are under evaluating the efforts of those who have achieved something great in current system,just because you can't achieve it. I want to tell them- " Dear readers, efforts are important,there is no other way to success, But direction in which efforts are being done, is more important.
                         You are driving a boat in the opposite of that direction in which river is flowing, then you are working hard,too. But it's silly & mindless efforts. I am not protesting the efforts of those achievers, I am just saying the direction is wrong.
                         Not just IIT,there are many globally well-reputed universities & institutes, which are well-reputed, only owing to the fact that it's hard to pass their entrance exams. These so-called entrance exams never measure the true potential of students, instead, they measure how much you can mug the book up & paste it.
                         I want change. I am not whining. It's not hypocrisy to oppose current system. Actually, it could be whining, if I only show you the problems & faults, but I am with solution.
                         In my views, Educational system should be like this-
                         There should not be fixed books to learn from. Students are supposed to update their knowledge according to latest researches & inventions.It will prevent cramming & mugging.
                         Now coming to the assignments. Come on University passouts,Answer me- How many assignments you've written on your own? Very few will answer - all the assignments. & these few people are, those so-called blind achievers. Because assignments are not based on practical education. Instead of giving such assignments, Professors should give different assignment to each & every student of the class & assignments should be like this- Recently 'XYZ' company launched this 'electric product',try to find out- How it's made & how it works?, Find out how ceiling fan works? (I bet,though you are sitting below it since years, most of you( engineers) don't know how it works..!!) On the day of assignment submission, A discussion should be held, so that everyone can know each others assignments.
                        Exams should be taken this way-
                        You have to submit your all the assignments & 70 % questions will be asked from assignments(includes your classmate's assignments too),while 30% questions will be theoretical. Here theory means the concepts covered in assignments. This is the only way to make our future generation think .
                        I tell you there are thousands of people who possess more I.Q. & memory power than Albert Einstein, but Einstein was only one,is only one & will be only one. Because thinking creates difference.
                        Let me tell you a story-
                        There was a forest & 'Babbar',A lion, was king of that forest. One day he informed all the animals that he is going to take an examination to find smartest & genius animal in the jungle. All the animals gathered on the predeclared spot. Animals include An elephant,a monkey,a sparrow,a giraffe,a fish,a penguin & a fox. Lion was seated in front of all the animals. Everyone was so excited. Then lion said- "For a fair selection everybody has to take the same exam- Please climb that tree..!! " Got my point??
                       This is our educational system. Everyone has their own field of interest. Someone is good at physics, Someone may be good at Mathematics only. Even people who sets the question papers,have some limits. At last they are humans. Even paper setters might have never scored good marks. Everybody feels the same that this education system is worst, but once they pass out from it, they never care to change it. So many arguments are still unwritten, Because I don't want to make this article long & boring. Thank you.

6 Rethoughts:

Unknown said...

Its really nice yarr...........

Unknown said...

Thank you Chintan.... you will surely find some really nice articles on my blog.

Unknown said...

Nailed it! Keep writing mate, I see you have a long road to travel..!!

Karim Jessa said...

Darshil, you are mad, and I like your madness.

Unknown said...

Thank you Krinal.....

Unknown said...

Hahaha... Karim. Thanks... I will always be crazy...!!

Post a Comment

 

Feel Free © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates